Saturday, October 31, 2015

Lydia's Reflection Post

I came here with my topic Bikers vs. Drivers on my mid. But I am now living here with 3 new friends and a new topic. The new topic is the struggle for social workers and families in Vermont's DCF. I didn't even know that this was a problem until Alex and Adrienne brought it up in their own slide show's. And the fact that almost no one in the room (except for the adults) knew what this topic even was or what it was about is just sad. I asked my group at the beginning of the day today this exact question "how do we change things that people don't even know needs change" and that really got us to thinking. And we looked at the DCF website and we saw this same exact problem strike us again. There was no useful information on the website. This could be for many reasons but a possible reason could be that they want people to be in the dark about this problem. But it could as be the possibility of them just not being up to date with their website, and that makes me wonder about others things they might not be up to date about. Again,we can't have the community's support with a problem if they don't even know that the problem exists.

I think that when I leave here today I will be leaving with not just my two bags full of mischievous stuff,  I will be leaving here with a whole lot of new knowledge about things I didn't even know existed along with a  bunch of new friends. I think my new topic and group will go far with the DCF project. I'm excited to work with all of my new amazing group members.

1 comment:

  1. Lydia,

    I love your last paragraph! I'm so excited you've made new friends and gained new knowledge. Hey, what was all that mischievous stuff?!

    I look forward to working with you this year! Go team DCF!
    -Colleen

    ReplyDelete